VENUE HIRE TERM AND CONDITIONS
London Union (trading as New London Markets Limited) gives you permission to use the agreed area at the named London Union market for the time and purpose detailed in the booking form. This is subject to the following:
- The booking contract between us is made up of the completed contract and these terms and conditions. All bookings are subject to these terms & conditions.
- A booking is confirmed when we issue a booking confirmation following receipt of the deposit and a completed contract. Your booking is provisional until then and we may cancel it, without liability, by sending you written notice of cancellation. If you have paid the deposit it will be refunded to you.
- The detailed arrangements concerning your event should be discussed and agreed with your Event Manager and will be recorded on an Event Plan to be signed by yourself and the Event Manager prior to the event.
- If there are any changes to your requirements, please notify us immediately. If these changes materially impact the nature of the event we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- Please confirm the final number of attendees to the Event Manager no later than 10 days before the event, unless otherwise stated in the contract. We reserve the right to charge extra if the number of guests exceeds the original number provided by you.
- The cost of food on the contract relates only to the food provided by our traders, and cannot be transferred to any other products, including drinks. This spend is invoiced on behalf of our food traders. All food tokens must be purchased in advance.
- Where a food trader minimum spend has been agreed in the contract, this cannot be transferred to other traders, dates or products, including drinks.
- New London Markets are not responsible for any dietary requirements or allergies and the provision of food is entirely at your own risk. However, our street food traders are independently vetted on their food safety and are required to keep their allergens list on site and available at all times. Each trader will be happy to help with any specific requirements where possible if these are provided in advance.
- Additional food and drink cannot be brought into the host venue, unless by prior agreement with the management. We reserve the right to impose a ‘corkage’ charge, which will be agreed with you in advance.
Cancelling your event:
- If written notice of a cancellation is received from you more than 2 months prior to the event date the deposit will be retained by us.
- If written notice of a cancellation is received from you less than 2 months prior to the event the full cost of your event will be payable.
Re-scheduling your event:
- If written notice is received from you more than 2 months prior to the event date requesting postponement and the rescheduled event takes place within the same calendar year of the original event date, at the event managers discretion 50% of your deposit can be transferred to the rescheduled event.
- Where a minimum spend has been agreed in the contract, you must pay the greater of this amount or the actual spend incurred by guests at your event. Where a deposit has been taken, this shall be deducted from the minimum spend or the actual spend (whichever is greater), with the difference to be paid by you, in full, on the night, unless otherwise agreed in advance in writing.
- Any final settlement of the bill must be made by credit or debit card payment by the finishing time of the event unless payment terms with London Union Head Office has been agreed prior to the event in writing.
- We reserve the right to make a charge for events that run outside the agreed event times.
- If, due to circumstances beyond our control, we need to relocate your event to another area within the venue or another suitable venue operated by New London Markets Limited, we retain the right to do so without liability.
- If, in our reasonable opinion, the nature of the event or the type of clientele is different from the event details as stated on the contract, we may in our absolute discretion cancel your booking without liability.
- You undertake to comply (and to ensure that your guests comply) with all applicable laws, licenses, regulations and policies in force at the host venue, including, but not limited to, ensuring that no fire exits and routes are obstructed at any time.
- Some of our venues have restrictions relating to live music and entertainment. If you intend to use any amplified or non-amplified music or entertainment at your event, you must discuss and agree your requirements in writing with the Event Manager upon confirmation of your booking.
- You may not use the host venue for any activities which are illegal, immoral, offensive or dangerous or which may become a nuisance to the owners or occupiers of any neighbouring properties.
- We reserve the right to eject from, or refuse admission to, the host venue any visitor or guest deemed in the reasonable opinion of our staff or security personnel to be intoxicated, unruly, threatening, violent, dangerous. We will not in any circumstances permit the number of guests to exceed the capacity of the host venue.
- Any damage to, or theft of, property at the host venue (including, but not limited to, furniture, fixtures and fittings and any other property of the host venue) caused by you or your guests will be charged to you at full replacement cost.
- Security staff inside and on the door of the host venue will be provided by the host venue. You must follow any specific security-related instructions that may be given by security staff at any time. Should you wish to bring in additional security for any reason, the Event Manager must be notified at least 7 days prior to the event and alternative arrangements may then be made at our discretion, for which additional charges may apply.
- Your contractors and sub-contractors may not enter, and shall not make any alterations to, the host venue without prior approval from the Event Manager. Nothing may be fixed to walls, ceilings, floor or pillars of any room by nails, screws, drawing pins, tape or other means without prior written approval. You will be charged by us any costs or damages incurred through the use of equipment by you or your contractors at the host venue.
- If you wish to bring any external contractors to Giant Robot they will need to comply with Canary Wharf policies and apply for a temporary work permit. Please note any contractors attempting to enter Giant Robot without a work permit will be not be permitted to carry out any works.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we accept no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or injury to your property, or the property of your guests or any other people for whom you are responsible.
- Prices are subject to revision at any time in the event of any increases in our costs for hosting the event (including, but not limited to, excise duty changes). Wines, beers, spirits and other consumables are subject to availability and we reserve the right to provide alternatives without notice.
- We shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing or failure to perform any of our obligations under any agreement with you if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond our reasonable control (including, but not limited to, war, terrorism, industrial action, lock outs, strikes, accidents, fire, blockades, petrol shortages, severe weather or natural catastrophe).
- If the name of the client and the name of the person responsible for payment are different from the person, firm or company making the reservation, New London Markets should be notified at the time of booking.
- This Agreement (and all non-contractual relationship arising out of or related to it) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.