SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING ASSISTANT
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING ASSISTANT AT STREET FEAST
We’re looking for a Social Media and Marketing Assistant to join the Street Feast team here in Shoreditch.
At Street Feast, we transform underused and derelict corners of the city into vibrant day and night markets and street food arenas, with a focus on killer drinks, epic street food and unbeatable vibes.
Our markets include Dinerama in Shoreditch, Hawker House in Canada Water, Giant Robot in Canary Wharf, Model Market in Lewisham and Public in Woolwich. We also run a five-week festive pop-up on Clapham Common called Winterville, and have partnered up with Latitude and Field Day festivals to bring top-notch festival food and bars to the masses.
We’re a young, fun and close-knit team working in a fast-paced environment with LOADS of fun and food along the way. As a small team, we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed, but here’s an idea of how we see your role:
- Posting on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, with support from the Head of Digital. This includes working with our design and video team to create fun and engaging content to post across all channels.
- Reporting monthly on performance such as follower growth and post engagement.
- Live posting from our markets, big events and festivals.
- Paid advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
- Sourcing and building relationships with relevant influencers.
- Working with the Marketing Team to come up with creative new ideas to market our events and venues.
- Lead on outdoor advertising, including sourcing billboard, poster and digital board sites when necessary.
- Working with the Senior Designer to organise print for the markets and events, such as flyers, posters, drinks tokens etc.
- Building local business and resident relationships, serving as an ambassador for each market, with support from market managers.
- Working with our videographer to arrange shoots with new and current street food traders.
- General operational support on consumer events such as National Burger Day and Craft Beer Battle.
- Managing the Street Feast enquiries inbox and responding to emails such as partnership proposals, general market enquiries and table bookings.
- Organising couriers, assisting other departments when required and helping at events showcases.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Ideally one year’s experience in social media or working for a culturally relevant brand
- You have a creative mind and enjoy creating cool, interesting social media content
- You have strong copy writing skills
- You’re happy to muck in and get stuff done
- You’ve got new ideas (can be as weird as you like) which you’re happy to share with the team. Anything goes at Street Feast.
- You’re happy to work the occasional evening when required, as this is when our markets come to life. (You’ll get free food and drinks though, so could be worse.)
- You’re comfortable managing your own projects and taking responsibility for the jobs you own.
- Most importantly: you’re easy going, up for a good laugh and LOVE FOOD
PERKS OF WORKING AT STREET FEAST
- A £50 bar tab to spend at our markets every week
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a day off on your birthday
- Dependent on experience